Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Why Is My Toliet Seatv Purple

John Banville. ABC CHALLENGE DOUBLE

Adam Godley, a brilliant mathematician - a specialist in the infinity of infinities, and the possibility of parallel universes - sits in his room at the threshold of death. Around him in a home oppressive atmosphere, ensure the second wife, his daughter - a fragile teenager - his son and his wife, Helen, an actress with the disturbing beauty.
In one day in one place, this world is mortal and imperfect receive visits invisible gods of Olympus, the gods in mind facetious, who will be pleased to take the place of human beings to satisfy their illicit desires. Zeus, madly in love with Helen, will spend one night for her husband to enjoy its charms. Then in the guise of Rody, the fiance of the daughter of Adam, he will continue his work of seduction.

Hermes, the son of Zeus, is the mischievous narrator of this tragi-comedy, haunting, evoking the Dream of a Summer Night, illustrating the madness of love and acts that it may lead us to commit. Hermes will disguise himself as a farmer to win one of the servants, without recklessly. Thus the presence of the gods will soon explode tensions hitherto silent, exasperating drama, while Adam, still dying, his spirit lives on in memories of his years.

Drawing on Kleist's Amphitryon, Banville masterfully blends genres in a language and poetic iridescent. The text oscillates constantly between seriousness and irony. The real answer is the wonderful, haunting give depth to the story. By mixing human and metaphysical questions, Banville continues to question the meaning of our existence, its mystery and beauty.

Thank Éditions Robert Laffont and Blog-O-Book for this shipment. Unfortunately I am unable to complete reading this partnership! So on page 92 that I stop, the border between the real and wonderful it is so thin that I'm lost without ceasing. I do not find the sensitivity of the sea and humorous side of Banville I like a little less. I thought that this adventure would be fun, but when you find 2-3 pages to read to understand what is happening is far from pleasant. I think this book revolves in spheres that I can not reach ... Apologies from shippers.

In most conscientious reader, Moustafette finished reading it and understood better than me the script!

0 comments:

Post a Comment